One of the VeroMotion’s core values is to uphold responsible and fair business practices. It is committed to promoting and maintaining the highest level of ethical standards in relation to all of its business activities. Its reputation for maintaining lawful business practices is of paramount importance and this Policy is designed to preserve these values. VeroMotion therefore has a zero tolerance policy towards bribery and corruption and is committed to acting fairly and with integrity in all of its business dealings and relationships and implementing and enforcing effective systems to counter bribery.
Purpose and scope of Policy
This Policy sets out the VeroMotion’s position on any form of bribery and corruption and provides guidelines aimed at:
- ensuring compliance with anti-bribery laws, rules and regulations, not just within the Czech Republic but in any other country within which the company may carry out its business or in relation to which its business may be connected
- enabling employees and persons associated with the company to understand the risks associated with bribery and to encourage them to be vigilant and effectively recognize, prevent and report any wrongdoing, whether by themselves or others
- providing suitable and secure reporting and communication channels and ensuring that any information that is reported is properly and effectively dealt with
- creating and maintaining a rigorous and effective framework for dealing with any suspected instances of bribery or corruption.
This Policy applies to all permanent and temporary employees of the company (including any of its intermediaries, subsidiaries or associated companies). It also applies to any individual or corporate entity associated with the company or who performs functions in relation to, or for and on behalf of, the company, including, but not limited to, directors, agency workers, casual workers, contractors, consultants, seconded staff, agents, suppliers and sponsors (“associated persons”). All employees and associated persons are expected to adhere to the principles set out in this Policy.
A bribe is an inducement or reward offered, promised or provided in order to gain any commercial, contractual, regulatory or personal advantage. It is an offence to:
- offer, promise or give a financial or other advantage to another person (i.e. bribe a person), whether within the Czech Republic or abroad, with the intention of inducing or rewarding improper conduct
- request, agree to receive or accept a financial or other advantage (i.e. receive a bribe) for or in relation to improper conduct
- bribe a foreign public official.
You can be held personally liable for any such offence. It is also an offence for an employee or an associated person to bribe another person in the course of doing business intending either to obtain or retain business, or to obtain or retain an advantage in the conduct of business, for the company. The company can be liable for this offence where it has failed to prevent such bribery by associated persons. As well as an significant fine, it could suffer substantial reputational damage.
All employees and associated persons are required to:
- comply with any anti-bribery and anti-corruption legislation that applies in any jurisdiction in any part of the world in which they might be expected to conduct business
- act honestly, responsibly and with integrity
- safeguard and uphold the company’s core values by operating in an ethical, professional and lawful manner at all times.
Bribery of any kind is strictly prohibited. Under no circumstances should any provision be made, money set aside or accounts created for the purposes of facilitating the payment or receipt of a bribe.
VeroMotion recognizes that industry practices may vary from country to country or from culture to culture. What is considered unacceptable in one place may be normal or usual practice in another. Nevertheless, a strict adherence to the guidelines set out in this Policy is expected of all employees and associated persons at all times. If in doubt as to what might amount to bribery or what might constitute a breach of this Policy, refer the matter to your line manager or the company’s managing director.
The giving of business gifts to clients, customers, contractors and suppliers is not prohibited provided the following requirements are met:
- it complies with local laws
- the gift is not made with the intention to reward the provision or retention of business
- it is of an appropriate and reasonable type and value and given at an appropriate time
- it does not include cash or a cash equivalent (such as gift vouchers)
- it is given in the company’s name, not in the giver’s personal name
- it is given openly, not secretly
Any payment or gift to a public official or other person to secure or accelerate the prompt or proper performance of a routine government procedure or process, otherwise known as a “facilitation payment”, is also strictly prohibited.
Responsibilities and reporting procedure
It is the contractual duty and responsibility of all employees and associated persons to take whatever reasonable steps are necessary to ensure compliance with this Policy and to prevent, detect and report any suspected bribery or corruption. You must immediately disclose to the company any knowledge or suspicion you may have that you, or any other employee or associated person, has plans to offer, promise or give a bribe or to request, agree to receive or accept a bribe in connection with the business of the company. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes reporting your own wrongdoing. The duty to prevent, detect and report any incident of bribery and any potential risks rests not only with the directors of the company but equally to all employees and associated
VeroMotion encourages all employees and associated persons to be vigilant and to report any unlawful conduct, suspicions or concerns promptly and without undue delay so that investigation may proceed and any action can be taken expeditiously. Confidentiality will be maintained during the investigation to the extent that this is practical and appropriate in the circumstances. The company is committed to taking appropriate action against bribery and corruption. This could include either reporting the matter to an appropriate external government department, regulatory agency or the police and/or taking internal disciplinary action against relevant employees and/or terminating contracts with associated persons.
The company will support anyone who raises genuine concerns in good faith under this Policy, even if they turn out to be mistaken. It is also committed to ensuring nobody suffers any detrimental treatment as a result of refusing to take part in bribery or corruption, or because of reporting in good faith their suspicion that an actual or potential bribery or corruption offence has taken place or may take place in the future.
All accounts, receipts, invoices and other documents and records relating to dealings with third parties must be prepared and maintained with strict accuracy and completeness. No accounts must be kept “off the record” to facilitate or conceal improper payments.
Sanctions for breach
A breach of any of the provisions of this Policy will constitute a disciplinary offence and will be dealt with in accordance with the company’s disciplinary procedure. Depending on the gravity of the offence, it may be treated as gross misconduct and could render the employee liable to summary dismissal. As far as associated persons are concerned, a breach of this Policy could lead to the suspension or termination of any relevant contract, sub-contract or other agreement.
The company’s anti-corruption officer has lead responsibility for ensuring compliance with this Policy and will review its contents on a regular basis. They will be responsible for monitoring its effectiveness and will provide regular reports in this regard to the directors of the company who have overall responsibility for ensuring this Policy complies with the company’s legal and ethical obligations.
The company will provide training to all employees to help them understand their duties and responsibilities under this Policy. The company’s zero tolerance approach to bribery will also be communicated to all business partners at the outset of the business relationship with them and as appropriate thereafter.
ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY POLICY
At VeroMotion, sustainable, responsible behavior is a priority. We are committed to pursuing a triple-bottom line approach of environmental, financial and social responsibility. By finding innovative ways to do more with less, we aim to drive sustainability efforts and build resilience into our properties in order to continue positively impacting the communities in which we operate.
Through collaboration with our associates, suppliers, business partners and employees, we actively work to reduce the environmental impact of and risk to our business by focusing on critical areas including carbon emissions, energy, food & beverage, indoor environmental quality, supply chain, waste and water. Additionally, we are committed to integrating leading environmental practices and sustainability principles aimed at:
- Conserving natural resources
- Protecting ecosystem biodiversity
- Driving sustainable development
- Minimizing waste and pollution
- Establishing and reporting on key environmental performance indicators
- Raising environmental awareness among our associates, guests and communities
We acknowledge that achieving our goals and objectives will require many changes to be made over time. However we strongly believe that our sustainability efforts serve the interests of both current and future generations and constitute the foundation for long-lasting success.